Experience the excitement – Join us to see 50+ teams compete in the ultimate Sport for the MindTM. This year’s game challenge: FIRST STRONGHOLDSM
Thanks to everyone for a great event!
Team 48 Delphi E.L.I.T.E. managed the live webcast – see their YouTube channel where they posted videos of our event – and here is a playlist of 104 videos from our event – Thank you!
2016 FIRST Robotics Competition – Greater Pittsburgh Regional
March 9-12, 2016
Convocation Center, California University of Pennsylvania, California, PA 15419
Family-friendly, free, and open to the public
For more information, click on the following links:
- Register to Volunteer (See more info about volunteering here)
- We will be webcast – live – streaming – robots –
- Agenda – 2016 Greater Pittsburgh Regional
- Wed, March 9: Set-up, Teams Load In Robots (6pm-8pm)
- Thu, March 10: Robot Inspections, Practice Matches
- Fri, March 11 thru Sat morning, March 12: Qualification Matches
- Sat afternoon, March 12: Elimination and Finals
- Awards Ceremonies follow matches on Friday and Saturday
- The game challenge: FIRST STRONGHOLDSM
- Event info at www.firstinspires.org
- 2015 team Info Packet and Restaurant List
- FIRST Box Lunch Order Form (due 2/24/16)
- Hotel Accommodations
- Sponsors- Thank you!
NEW UPDATES, NOTES, ETC.:
Load-in Notes for the Greater Pittsburgh Regional – (nothing new here, but it’s 1 document that has notes from our event Site Info document & the Admin manual as of 3/5/16.)
Lists of the 52 teams at the Greater PIttsburgh Regional – Excel file (.xlsx) that lists teams in various formats – starting with a simple list, and including color-coded by location – pdf versions: simple list; list that includes schools & youth organizations
PIT MAP – !! Note that there are 2 open pit spaces – one for the Student Ambassadors, where visitors can start a tour; and one for a special project to gather stories and testimonials from teams (like the “Quilt of Change” at the 2012 FIRST Championship, run by the Gatorzillas Team 2736). More Pit Maps: PDF file with 2 views, rotated 180 degrees
FLOOR PLAN for the Event-level of our venue, the Convocation Center at Cal U. Note that this does not show the Concourse level / 2nd floor. It DOES show our MENTOR LOUNGE – a quiet place with coffee.